compensation: Compensation varies based on skills & experience, starting at $500 per month. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Video/Sound Editor description
Are you interested progressive politics? Do you want to get involved in podcasting? We invite you to join us at Disruption Now Podcast. Disruption Now is a podcast for those who won't give up on the promise of AMERICA, are willing to fight for a better future, challenge conventional thinking and the status quo.
Disruption Now will take on hard issues like criminal justice reform, automation and the future of work, the state of labor movement and emerging leaders and polices that can help solve some of America's (and the world's) most complex issues.
At Disruption Now, we believe innovation and change happen when collectively people step up, ask more questions and demand more. We want to ask the questions that others won't, we want to give voice to those who have no voice. We still believe in America but we believe disruptive, innovative thinking is needed in government, the private sector and academia now more than ever. This podcast is an invitation for others to join us.
We are looking for a talented video and sound editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director's vision and is suitable for broadcasting. This person will need to record, mix and edit music and audio for our productions. You will set up and operate sound and video recording equipment both in studio and at live events to ensure the best acoustic result.
We expect you to be knowledgeable about different audio recording and editing techniques. If you also possess a creative mind and a good ear we'd like to hear from you.
• Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
• Take a brief to grasp production team's needs and specifications
• Review shooting script and supplementary audio/visual materials to create a shot list that maximizes each scene's value and contribution to continuity
• Edit footage into a cohesive episode
• Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
• Create rough and final cuts
• Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
• Consult with stakeholders throughout the production and post-production process
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry's best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings
• Record, edit and mix audio tracks (instruments, vocals etc.)
• Enhance sound quality and incorporate sound effects in recordings
• Utilize backing tracks and special effects during live events
• Resolve technical issues when they arise
• Proven work experience as a video editor and sound engineer. Have a portfolio of previous work prepared to share.
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
• Creative mind and storytelling skills
• Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization), as well as experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools)
• A team player with excellent communication skills
• Creativity and attention to detail
• Problem-solving abilities
• Hold at least a high school diploma. College degree, internship, or co-op experience in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers