compensation: $12 per hour / two weeks paid time off per year employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must EITHER submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references or our Standard Employment Application (available at https://ourdailybread.us/employment-opportunities/) and 3 references to be considered for this position. Applicants missing any of these items will not be considered.
TO APPLY: ADDRESS APPLICATION TO GEORGINE GETTY, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR BY MONDAY MARCH 16, 2019
The mission of Our Daily Bread is to provide stability and hope to guests in need by offering meals, hospitality and services in a safe, respectful environment, located in Over the Rhine.
Under direct supervision of the Dining Room Monitor, the Bag Check Coordinator is responsible for greeting guests and visitors, assisting them with checking their belongings and signing necessary paperwork, and maintaining the rules of Our Daily Bread to ensure a safe and positive experience. The Bag Check Coordinator should be an exemplary representative of Our Daily Bread (ODB) in the public arena, maintain a professional demeanor and establish good relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, and guests.
• 2+ years of experience in a nonprofit organization preferred. Experience working with security and customer service preferred.- Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work appropriately and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and guests.
• Familiarity with volunteer-based organizations and experience working with people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds, including people with special behavioral needs.
• Ability to stand for entirety of shift.
• Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
• Act as agency greeter to all guests, visitors, and volunteers.
• Assist guests in signing the log book that tracks the storage of their belongings.
• Assist guests in placing belongings in plastic tote and seeing that they have their appropriate chip to reclaim belongings.
• Assist guests who need to see a Social Worker with filling out the in-take form. Contact social worker via phone when they have a guest waiting to see them.
• Return belongings to guests when they exit the building.
• Maintain cleanliness of bins at end of the day and ensure that all tokens are returned to the bins. This includes disposing of all guest belongings not claimed by close of day.
• Maintain a list of specialty items (work tools that could be used as weapons) to discourage all weapons.
• Monitor volunteer sign in/sign out book and encourage volunteers to participate.
• Enforce rules of Our Daily Bread with all guests in a manner that is professional, courteous and consistent to ensure a positive experience. This may include asking guests who are violating rules to exit the agency and enforcing limitations on banned guests.- Other duties as assigned.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Engage as a full participant in the Our Daily Bread Team.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
Bag Check Coordinator reports directly to Dining Room Monitor.
Part-Time, hourly; 8:15AM-1:30PM Mondays and 8:15AM-12:30PM Tuesday-Friday
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday March 16, 2019
Position to begin asap.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers