I. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides excellent customer service and various patient-related clerical functions by performing the following duties.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Registers all patient demographic and financial information in a timely manner into Compulink/Eyecare system
• Orders and/or collects payment for services and materials
• Schedules new patient appointments. Enters return appointments into scheduling application.
• Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information. Greets scheduled patients, visitors and directs to appropriate area or staff member
• Provides all patient medical and other records systems management through preparation of folders and maintenance of records of new patients; reviews medical records for completeness; assembles records into standard order
• Verify and files insurance claims in an accurate and timely manner. Locates, signs out and delivers medical records requested by staff members or providers
• Monitors 3rd party site for patient appointment requests and patient communications
• Routes incoming mail
• Operates photocopying and fax machines. Prepares copying requests for management staff
• Other duties as assigned by team leaders or management staff
• Maintains strict confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to use MS Word and Excel
• Data Entry
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Basic Math
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND
• Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Vision One is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers