compensation: $25.50 - $27.50 depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Integrated Deicing Services is for General Field Service Mechanic to Join our team at the Cincinnati/N. Kentucky Airport (CVG)
Must Apply Online at: www.workattheairport.com (filter for CVG)
Pay: $25.50 - $27.50 depending on experience | Full Time
Our team is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety. In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his/her skills in a company that offers an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits.
The Diesel Mechanic will ensure the safety of self and co-workers. Ensure that all equipment is available and ready for use as needed. Communicate technical information, job briefing information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information with others through writing, in-person interaction, telephone, and radio. Read, interpret, understand, and find (if necessary) written or electronic information, including information from diagrams, schematics, blueprints, graphs, and charts, and input information as needed into a computer.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical repairs to all IDS equipment, to include independent diagnosis and repair of engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, pump repair and/or replacement, etc.
- Maintain complete and accurate maintenance records and conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections to equipment to keep in a safe and operational condition at all times.
- Assess and respond to the necessary repairs and maintenance of all deicing and transportation equipment as assigned by leadership.
- Promote consistent reinforcement and adherence to IDS' mission, values, and purpose to instill the core beliefs of IDS.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, with an ability to motivate and work in a team environment.
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in work area
- Collaborate with the repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- HS Diploma or completion of GED and professional experience.
- Valid US driver's license.
- 1 year of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required; 3 years preferred. 1 year of heavy truck/equipment required.
- Must possess basic hand tools common to the trade up to 1/2" drive.
- Working knowledge of manuals, schematics, and diagnostic tools.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Successful completion of all IDS classroom and OJT de-/anti-icing training.
- Knowledge of fluid types, diesel-powered machines, and tools including their designs, uses repair and maintenance.
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance packages
- 401K Retirement plans
- Generous time off available during the offseason
- Being part of a small cohesive team
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers