Weir ESCO’s Shipping Clerk/Material Handler is responsible for filling customer orders from on-site warehouse stock and placing incoming items into warehouse stock. Uses a printed pick list to determine the ordered parts/ quantities, pulling the ordered parts from stock manually or by using a fork lift; performs a variety of tasks as the parts are counted, packaged, entered into the computer, warehoused, and loaded on trucks; also coordinates with off-site distribution centers to fill orders.
• Packing parts correctly to meet customer orders utilizing a printed pick list
• Keeping track of the part identification, type, surface finish, quantities, and area where the parts are stored
• Load and unload outbound and inbound freight with a forklift
• Utilize a hoist to pack parts that vary in weight from a few ounces to several hundred pounds
• Put parts into stock on a daily basis
• Enter information into the computer
• May occasionally move a package weighing up to 50 pounds by hand
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience operating a forklift
• Previous inventory management experience preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• ERP experience preferred, ideally with Oracle
• Must be permanently authorized to work in the United States
Success in this role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong reading, writing, and mathematical skills with high attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will hold a valid forklift card; have experience with 6S and Lean concepts; be able to work overtime as needed; work safely; be a team player; and have reliable transportation.
This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
TO APPLY: Visit www.esco.weir to submit an online application
Weir ESCO offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for professional growth. We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all.
Staffing Agencies – DO NOT contact ESCO regarding recruiting-related services. Note that any unsolicited resumes received will be considered pro-bono.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers